Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Deeping the inner relationship with yourself
A guide to developing more esteem for yourself:
Compassion: Honour all of your feelings, and listen with empathy to others.
Clear Communication: Express your emotions simply, and speak from the heart.
Creativity: Try new things, be playful, and invite the unexpected.
Consistency: Do what you say, and say what you mean each day.
Challenge: Approach problems with positive expectancy, and learn from the challenges.
Cheerfulness: Embrace the day with lightheartedness, and learn to enjoy life.
Confidence: Trust and believe in your own talents and abilities.
Calmness: Breathe and live from a calm centre within yourself each day.
Clear Agreements: Create clear agreements.
Commitment: Be committed to being true to yourself and honest with others each day.
Steps to self-esteem:
1. Identify and fulfill your needs.
2. YOU approve of yourself.
3. Share experiences with friends.
4. Review your successes and practice self-encouragement.
5. Get in touch with feelings and express them.
“As we lose our vagueness about ourself, our values, our life situation, we become available to the moment. It is there, in the particular, that we contact the creative self. Art lies in the moment of encounter: we meet our truth and we meet ourselves; we meet ourselves and we meet our self-expression.”
- Julia Cameron
Art Therapy, Somatic Therapy Websites
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (66)
- ► 2010 (64)
- Deeping the inner relationship with yourself
- Today when you pause, reflect on the choices that ...
- Today when you pause, sit there a little longer . ...
- Reflecting on the choices that we make . . .
- Ways To Reduce Stress at Home and at Work
- Using what is there
- Time for a Rest
- Art Therapy Exercises: Scribble Drawings
- Living Authentically
- The paradox of letting go
- Rediscover the bliss of a child
- Being Soft
- Reflecting on Anger
- Today when you pause, what do you see?
- ▼ March (14)